Elim Sports Football Players Code of Conduct
We all have a responsibility to promote high standards of behaviour when playing football, in practice and in matches.
Elim Sports Football Teams are made up of many nationalities
Therefore, all players when on or off the field, must respect the different nationalities and follow the rules below at all times:
All players must show a high standard of personal behaviour
- Always respect the match officials’ decisions
- Never engage in public criticism of match officials
- Never engage in offensive, insulting or abusive language to another player or spectators
- Never engage in bullying, intimidation or harassment to another player or spectators
- Never abuse a player racially – verbally or physically
- Never strike – punch – kick or spit at another player (any player who breaks these rules will be dropped immediately)
- Players must not leave the field during matches or training without giving an explanation, to prevent confusion and to show respect to other team players
- Players must always Speak to team-mates, the opposition and the coach/manager with respect
- No swearing or crude language will be tolerated during training/matches or other activities.
Remember we all make mistakes, so;
- All players must win or lose a match with dignity and self-respect.
- All players must shake hands with the opposing team and the referee at the end of every game.
If a player fails to follow these rules, any or all of the following actions may be taken; by club, or the County FA
- A player may be required to apologise to team-mates, the other team, referee or team manager
- A player may receive a written warning from the coach
- A player may be dropped or substituted
- A player may be suspended from training or not be selected for the team
- A player may be required to serve a suspension or be fined
- A player may be required to leave the club and pay a fine to the club (this fine must be paid before a player can play in any other league game in England)
Players must wear shin-guards, with ankle protection during all training sessions and all football matches.